If you notice any visible damage to the charging unit or cords, discontinue use immediately, switch off power to the unit and rope off the area. Contact Duke Energy by submitting an online form or by calling 888.275.2114 to schedule a service appointment.
Basic charger maintenance
Charger Solution charging units require very little maintenance.
- To reduce the risk of electrical shock or equipment damage, exercise caution while cleaning the EVSE and the EV charge connector cable.
- Turn off the EVSE at the circuit breaker.
- Unplug the EVSE from the receptacle.
- Clean the EVSE using a soft cloth lightly moistened with mild detergent solution. Never use any type of abrasive pad, scouring powder, or flammable solvents such as alcohol or benzene.
- Inspect the unit for any visible damage to the cord, connector or housing.
- Check pedestal to ensure it is solidly affixed to the ground.
- Inspect the unit and surrounding area for insects and professionally treat as needed.
Residential charger requirements
There may be network upgrades or manufacturer recalls for residential units. A program representative will contact you to schedule maintenance service appointments as needed. Please note that after-hours service calls will be billed at $140/hour. For more information, please visit the EV Charger Solution webpage.